Friday, May 25, 2012

Cloud computing service - A DropBox perspective.

Sign up screen on my iPad.

Welcome screen on my iPad.


My public folder on my iPad.


My public folder on my Blackberry



This post aims at explaining how to sign up and use a free cloud computing service from Dropbox perspective. There are other free cloud services From Microsoft, Google and even apple. I am only using Dropbox for illustration. (hope you understand *wink*)

For clarity, I will be listing the major steps involved.

1. Goto www.dropbox.com to download the software on your laptop /desktop or goto Blackberry app world to search and download Dropbox to your blackberry or goto apple store to download the Dropbox app to your iPad / iPhone. You can as well download Dropbox to all of your gadgets at once ( after all you,ll be accessing your files from them)
The screen above is from my iPad.

2. Create a free account using your email and any password of your choice (even though you can use your email's password, my advice is : don't use your email's password for security reasons.
The steps involved in creating a free account are very easy compared to Facebook or any email service you are using.

3. You are good to go. Dropbox offers free 2GB data, which is decent if you don't intend loading large files.

To upload any file from your computer, simply drag it to your Dropbox, and it uploads automatically.
Sign in to your Dropbox account from any other device, and you,ll see the files you uploaded. You can then choose to work with it, or send it to your friends or clients.

You can ask questions using the comment button, or add more contribution to this post. Keep watching this site for more info.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your views, lots of people will learn from it.